Imię i nazwisko:
Adres email:

Forum

How many hours programmers programming? (0)
  • long Ting

29.01.2012, 04:39
    cytuj fragment

Michael Arrington has published a blog post That the entrepreneur must redouble our Efforts to work, even at the desk lying on the bed, so as to succeed. As author of AVI to iPad ConverterIn this regard, I do not agree with Their views, I read many comments are on this work will be counterproductive, not only does not succeed, on the Contrary, it also gives programmers the body cause some harm (long-term or short- term impact will be.) 

We average eight hours per day, so doing, the average weekly 40 hours. Suppose, in the best condition, When You Start a program of 24 * 7 (endlessly without sleep) Which is equivalent to 168 hours, Which Means four times the daily work. 

Of course, the programmer can not have been working like a machine, other matters will be disturbed During the period. For example, sleep. In the best sleep time is 7-8 hours. Occasionally, you can pay a little extra effort or overtime twelve consecutive days, but this will make you work more Efficiently to low peaks. When occasionally Becomes regularly, your boss is no longer Because of your Efforts Often and thank you. Suppose, for 7.5 hours Calculated, then this can be Reduced to 115.5 hours. 

Followed by the diet. You have to eat every day (takeout or self-catering), one day at least three times, on average, each meal for 30 minutes, then three meals a day is 90 minutes. If you set a pizza, this meal can be extended to 15 minutes, can be extended to a total of 45 minutes. Therefore, our average daily long and short of an hour, then dropped to 108.5 hours. Go to the bathroom? Brush your teeth? Shower? Etc., In the best case, 30 minutes a day => 105 hours can be Reduced. Way to work, how much time? According to a 2007 survey, an average of 45 minutes round-trip journey, Which requires 5.25 hours per week => Reduced to 100 hours. Perhaps this count can reduce your sleeping under the table in time. 

100 hours, Which Was 2.5 times When the workload. We have not even talked about Labor, the family needs, disease, friends, and other non-work activities, and so need. In fact, you are looking for a 7 days a week, 10-14 hours a day workplace. 

Is 2.5 times the work to make your start-up companies (10 times or 100 times?) The expected return it? Additional 150% of the value of the programmers is how much? If 40 hours a week is the company's normal earnings, then, 100 hours Means That the valuation of like Facebook for this? If so, then your boss, why not hire some programmers to the other? If more time is Because there will be a huge return, then it is surely more than the person you want to add cost-effective, is not it? 

Such as over-not, then what is that? Why do so many programmers like Arrington and Jason Calacanis as Mentioned in the text as a workaholic, you know this work will lead to Excessive fatigue, death. Perhaps there is a Possibility, They to not know how to calculate, or More Than They work a few hours That can be converted into additional salary. 

In fact, even if you work in a complex set work targets, but also impossible to measure programmer productivity. This is like a game, even if people do not try this game, but you must take the time to Understand the details of the code. 

Some portraits, like Arrington did not have time or do not have the expertise to do this, on the Contrary, They will use more time to Improve Efficiency, Which Means That programmers are at work bridge of the time (They each sub-every second in the code), Which makes Them a non-working time are struggling to write a program to become a habit. If one o'clock in the morning, When a programmer Arrington phone calls, Which shows she has been at work, she would spend 10 minutes to answer the phone and get rid of this problem. 

Thus, Arrington and Calacanis When I said, They want programmers work very hard, more Because They Think They Do not help programmers solve problems. I want to say, there is no absolute success or failure. You can read similar stories, they leave minute Earlier than a minute later to leave it to your boss completely different Meaning. 

More than 40 hours a week will lead to a decline in productivity Which gradually takes on a Disturbing regularity. As a programmer, if you dropped your creativity, your mistakes will Increase until it Reaches A Certain stage, at this stage, you on the wrong things than doing things even more. When you spend a lot of time in Certain activities, I am reminded of the Particular Whether health problem? 
    So, I would say That Their programmers treat health problems, Should Be Paid.

Strona 1 z 1

Powrót do góry
logo_unii_europejskiej